Most business trips are by air and there are many things to consider before and during flight. Some business travel tips are:
- Check out the environment, e.g. leg room – this is an important factor that can seriously affect your comfort during the flight.
Where possible, when a travelling by air avoid connecting flights.
- Disruption to the journey plans can significantly increase every time you have to catch a connecting flight.
- If possible, do not book the last flight.
- If your flight is delayed or cancelled you may have no choice but to spend the night … And if you’re like most of us, I cannot wait to go home after travelling for business
- Check-in online, saving time and allowing you to choose your seat in front of the billing process.
- If you are on a short trip, then usually you can book for outbound and inbound flight before leaving.
- Aim for the best airline seats for your trip such as an aisle seat near the door.
- Be on time at the airport. You may be tempted to arrive at the last minute, but tighter security at all airports means that it takes longer to go through security and you risk losing your flight
- If you travel frequently for business you may want to consider getting a Priority Pass, which gives priority access to 600 airport lounges in over 100 countries around the world – regardless of class or aircraft company with him, worth checking out.
When flying for business dress for security.
How you dress can affect how fast you go through security. Keep your belt, watch, wallet, change, etc. in carry-on baggage until you have passed the safety and wear shoes that are easy to remove.
When flying business travel be very careful in what you eat and drink during the flight
- It would help to eat light meals and avoid alcohol, tea and coffee. It is also useful in combating jet lag and arriving fresh at your destination.
Long-haul flights can be very demanding on body and soul
- Be sure to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration as the air in the plane is very dry
- In-flight exercise, like walking down the aisle or circle your ankles and stretch your arms while sitting in your chair will go a long way
Beat jet lag when flying on business
- Many business advice or help in their struggle with jet lag, but one of the most effective ways to reset your body clock to change your watch to local time at your destination as soon as you get to the plane
- Try No Jet-Lag, a product which does not affect any other drugs that you may be taking.
Please note that the information provided is for guidance only and it is there to assist you to make your journey as comfortable as possible.
By Windsor Taxis